Engel vs Yeti. Yeti vs Engel.
Honestly, you really can’t go wrong when it comes to coolers from these two companies.
It’s like asking, “Do you want a Ferrari or a Lamborghini?”
You KNOW you are getting high quality; it’s just a matter of your own preferences, needs and wants.
As we explore these two brands further, we’ll help to give you a better idea of what makes up each of them, and why you may want to choose one over the other.
However, as we mentioned earlier, you really can’t go wrong with either one.
Let’s take a more in-depth look at each of them.
Engel Coolers Vs Yeti Coolers: An Introduction To Both Brands
For starters, both of these companies create one of the best coolers on the market, offer superior ice retention times and have products built to last.
TIP: Compare both of these companies coolers prices at Amazon: Engel Coolers vs Yeti Coolers.
They are unmatched in the cooler industry and while you may still be on the fence when it comes to Yeti vs Engel premium coolers, let’s first look at Engel to help you decide.
Introducing Engel Coolers
Engel has been in business for over 50 years, which means that you know you can depend on their product AND depend on their quality. Whether your needs are in the sporting area such as fishing, or just for a party to keep food and drinks at an optimum temperature, you’ll come to appreciate the Engel line up.
These coolers are created through a roto-molding procedure that ensures that every piece is cut and created with precision, providing only the best when it comes to ice retention and ability to keep contents colder for longer periods of time. You’ll find 2 inches of insulation in these coolers, as well as an airtight seal.
Not only are these coolers the choice for the outdoorsman, BUT they are also the choice for professionals such as Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and Fire Rescue personnel.
What kind of capacity do these coolers have? Well, in a wide range of sizes, you can find one that holds as little as 24 cans, and one nearly 20 times bigger that can hold up to 441.
Below you will learn more, but now you may want to check Engel Cooler prices at Amazon.
Introducing Yeti Coolers
The Yeti line of coolers is one that you have more than likely seen in the past. If you have been shopping for high-quality, heavy duty and highly functional coolers with superior ice retention, then we are confident you have come across these before.
You may have seen a friend with one or seen them online, but there is no doubt about it, they are one of the best when it comes to quality coolers.
These coolers were built out of need.
They weren’t some big box company that DECIDED to make coolers.
The Seiders brothers were tired of coolers that couldn’t keep up with the individuals that depended on them, so they decided to create the perfect cooler for their needs.
Created from rotational molding, permafrost insulation and a no-sweat design, the Tundra series offers buyers capacities that can hold 20 cans and up to 222 cans.
|item-title||Yeti Tundra||Yeti Roadie 20||Yeti Hopper||Yeti Tank|
35 - 420 QT
20 QT Only
20 or 30 QT
45 or 85 QT
One of the best ice chests our there. A truly versatile cooler to meet all your needs.
A solo adventurer’s best friend when it comes to cooling needs. One size, so many possibilities.
An ultra-portable cooler bag. Not only it keeps stuff cool but looks cool too.
A party tub like no other. Keeps all your drinks iced till the next morning.
In the next section we’ll look at the specifics, but if you are interested, go and check out Yeti at Amazon.
The Particulars: Yeti Vs Engel – Which One To Choose
Here is where we get to the specifics, with each seemingly being pretty similar in make and design. Let’s have a look at what may set each one apart from each other.
The Engel Deep Blue series is filled with a full 2 inches of insulation throughout the entire body meaning the sides, lid and the bottom. The manufacturer says that ice retention can be had for up to ten days and is dry ice compatible. These also come with a three year warranty.
In these coolers, you will also find 2 inches of insulation in the walls and lid, leading to longer ice retention times. The ice retention times reported by the manufacturer comes with the note that outside variables can affect it, but that they have seen retention times reported from users any where from 5 to 14 days. These coolers come with a 5 year warranty.
These coolers come in a wide range. Here they are from smallest to biggest.
- ENG25 – Interior dimensions of 14.5 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches. Ability to hold 24 cans
- ENG35 – Interior dimensions of 20 x 10 x 10 inches. Ability to hold 42 cans.
- ENG50 – Interior dimensions of 18 x 13.25 x 11.875 inches. Ability to hold 60 cans
- ENG65 – Interior dimensions of 18 x 12 x 12 inches. Ability to hold 70 cans.
- ENG80 – Interior dimensions of 18 x 11.5 x 12.75 inches. Ability to hold 75 cans
- ENG123 – Interior dimensions of 32 x 13.5 x 13.375 inches. Ability to hold 130 cans
- ENG165 – Interior dimensions of 32 x 17.5 x 13.625 inches. Ability to hold 264 cans
- ENG240 – Interior dimensions of 45.75 x 16.875 x 17.25 inches. Ability to hold 357 cans.
- ENG320 – Interior dimensions of 56.375 x 18 x 17.25 inches. Ability to hold 441 cans
Full Engel DeepBlue line up prices at Amazon here.
These coolers also come in a wide range. Here they are from
smallest to biggest.
- Tundra 35 – Interior dimensions of 14 x 10 x 9.5 inches. Ability to hold 20 cans
- Tundra 45 – Interior dimensions of 18 and 3/8 x 9 and 7/8 x 9.5 inches. Ability to hold 26 cans
- Tundra 50 – Interior dimensions of 16 and 5/8 x 12 and 1/8 x 10 and 5/8 inches. Ability to hold 32 cans
- Tundra 65 – Interior dimensions of 23 and 3/8 x 10 and 1/8 x 10 and ¾ inches. Ability to hold 39 cans
- Tundra 75 – Interior dimensions of 26 x 12 x 11 and 1/8 inches. Ability to hold 50 cans
- Tundra 105 – Interior dimensions of 23 x 14 and ¼ x 12.5 inches. Ability to hold 59 cans
- Tundra 110 – Interior dimensions of 29.5 x 13 and ¾ x 11 inches. Ability to hold 65 cans
- Tundra 125 – Interior dimensions of 32 and 3/8 x 14.25 x 12.5 inches. Ability to hold 81 cans
- Tundra 160 – Interior dimensions of 37 and 3/8 x 15.5 x 12 and 3/8 inches. Ability to hold 100 cans
- Tundra 210 – Interior dimensions of 31 and 1/8 x 19 and ¾ x 17 and 3/8 inches. Ability to hold 140 cans
- Tundra 250 – Interior dimensions of 47 and ¼ x 15.5 x 15.5 inches. Ability to hold 155 cans
- Tundra 350 – Interior dimensions of 55 x 18 and 3/8 x 16 and ¾ inches. Ability to hold 222 cans
Full Yeti Tundra line up prices at Amazon here.
The Engel line comes in a variety of colors. Please keep in mind that not all models have all of these colors. Depending upon the size, you can find them in white, tan, camo, or grey. If you are a hunter then you definitely may want to try out the Engel Camo designed cooler.
Ready to check out an Engel? Get it here at Amazon.
The same can be said of the Yeti color schemes. You won’t be able to find them in all of the colors listed, but depending on the size, you will be able to get them in white, tan or blue.
Want to see more? Check out the Yeti Tundra an Amazon.
Yeti Coolers and Accessories
Engel Coolers and Accessories
Bottom Line – Engel Vs Yeti Premium Coolers
As we mentioned in the beginning, you really can’t go wrong with either cooler.
As you can see, it will come down to preference. If you are looking for a cooler that can hold a specific amount, then you are sure to find one here.
Want a certain color or even camo? Then look no further.
There is also very hot debate about Yeti versus Orca coolers – just take a look now!
Engel vs Yeti Videos
Yeti Tundra 125 Review
Engel High Performance Roto-Molded Coolers
Last update on 2020-02-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API